Monday, March 3, 2014

The Perfect Sunday Morning....

Sunny skies, nice people, great deals and even better food. I love starting my Sunday at the Lake Lilly Farmer's Market.  There is so much to see, experience and taste... that I thought pictures might just do a better job than words...


Located right on Lake Lilly in Maitland, you couldn't ask for a prettier background. Its open from 9am to 2pm, so you have plenty of time to drop by. Have a dog? Make sure you bring it! These people love dogs. You could actually probably bring any animal you want... last week I saw a guy with a bird on his shoulder. They were sharing some bread. It was pretty cute.  Have young kids? There is a great playground right behind the lake. Lake Lilly also has plenty of parking which is rare for a farmers' market!



The Alzheimer's Association was the first booth I came upon. They were promoting their very own event Brainfest 2014 that will be held in Winter Park on March 15th. You can bet I will be there to support and blog about this great cause! You can even participate in the Brain Olympics. It sounds like a blast for the whole family! 



This delicious booth is Jacqueline 'a little piece of heaven'. It is near impossible to pass this booth without wanting to buy every piece of heaven she has!




I already want one right now!!!


On Top of Spaghetti is one of the best smelling booths at the Market....with fresh meatballs and sauce always cooking for sampling, it is a must that you stop buy! 



They sell jars of meatballs and sauce ready to go that tastes like it is straight from Italy. Oh, and don't forget the fresh pasta. Look at that, Dinner is already done!
 (For you vegans, they also sell jars of just sauce)



Songleran Thai is easily one of my favorite tables at the farmers' market. I love Thai food, and this very well may be the best Thai food I have EVER had! She has numerous options for both carnivores and vegans.  If you have never tried a summer roll, it is a must that you try it here!


These spring rolls looked even better in person!



If you love to BBQ, Smoke Showin' BBQ is where you want to go. With numerous spices and rubs, they are sure to make your next backyard feast a hit!




I honestly never knew that fudge had any other flavor than chocolate until I stumbled upon Dragonfly Confections.


I've never seen fudge that looked so mouthwatering good!


I'm always a supporter of something local and all of the honey jars featured on the right side of the picture are made from bees here in Winter Park! Better yet, they are raw and organic! They have numerous flavors, even avocado!

 

How cute!!

 
I don't know about you... but I definitely need more green in my life. Swing by the Hidden Cypress Hollow table and see my friend Julie. She has a unique assortment of plants that would be perfect for any office or house!
 
 
This guy would definitely be a conversation starter!
 
 
 Julie also has a wide assortment of flowers and herbs ready to take home! Time to start that garden you keep thinking about!!
 

 

Beauty can be found at the Orchid tent. These orchids are gorgeous and seriously cheap!






You know its amazing lemonade when you see all the vendors stopping by for a cup! It is worth getting some to sip on while you enjoy your Sunday.

 

If you like spicy, Cathy's Cajun Cuisine is the stop for you! Jams, relishes and pickles, Cathy has everything you need... and everything you never knew you wanted to try. Pickled Cauliflowers? She has it! Fire and Ice pickles? Yep.





Miss Elaine's Taste of Jamaica is the reason you should come to the market with an empty stomach. Fresh, spicy and divine!  Stopping by a little later in the day? She has a Watermelon Ginger Beer! I'm ready to plan a trip to Jamaica just for the food!!


That's Miss Elaine on the left, cooking up a storm!


My friend ordered a tamale... I was seriously ready to steal it.


Need to get bread for the week? No need to run to Publix. The farmers' market has fresh made bread just waiting for you to pick it up! (You could always share a piece or two with the ducks... just saying).


Oh and not to mention the other baked goodies. Yum!!


Grab a cup of pretzels and get ready to taste some mouthwatering dips! With everything from spicy dips to sweet desert dips, Simply Savory has you covered.


These adorable dip coolers keep your dip chilled whether your at home, on the beach or out on the boat. They also double as a tortilla holder.


The dips come in bags with recipes on the back so you can whip them up at home. They can all be made various ways depending on your dietary needs!



Did I mention that the farmers' market is totally pup friendly? Pups are everywhere and they deserve their own booth! Doggone Gourmet treats is there to satisfy! My pooch adores these home made treats, they are one of the few things he will actually do tricks for!



Its Salty. Its Sweet. Its Kettle corn and it is scrumptious. Made fresh right in front of you, this snack is a must get.





The ducks of Lake Lilly agree. You can always catch them eating the Kettle Corn as it pops out of the barrel. They are always willing to let you share yours as well. Remember, sharing is caring.


My favorite place to pick up snacks for the week is Its Nuts. Featuring various types of nuts and dried fruit they have something for everyone. If you have never tried dried fruit, here is your chance. Its delicious when its done correctly, and they have it down to perfection!




Dried veggies are the perfect  healthy substitution for chips! Better yet, they are not highly processed like most of the brands sold in the stores.



 Need some cheese to go with your Wine? Che Bella has the perfect gourmet cheeses to make you the hero of your girls night!




First off... this may be the cutest sign for cookie buying I have ever seen. Heartsong Cookies has everything a cookie lover like me could want. Original cookies, Vegan cookies, Gluten free cookies... they are all here.



Prepackaged and ready to take home! You can buy one for yourself and one for a friend. Or you could just eat them all yourself. I won't judge.



Salad dressing is so much more than just Ranch, Caesar and Italian. Bonjour Salad Dressings makes me want to eat salads every day (with a cookie for desert of course). They are vegan, gluten free and delicious. They just released a new strawberry dressing for summer. I cannot wait to try it!!



If you've read my earlier posts, you'll know I love love love falafels. Imagine my happiness when I realized I could get them at the farmers' market! Fantastic Hummus Food Truck is indeed fantastic! Authentic Greek food readily available.... I'll take it every day!



Mi Casita's food truck won my heart this week when I tried one of their smoothies. Made fresh in front of me, it definitely gave every smoothie chain store a run for its money. When you add that to their delicious fresh made Spanish food, there is no competition!



Look at that divine empanada!! I barely got a picture before my friend inhaled it and was ordering another.


The reason I started visiting this farmers' market was to pick up fresh fruits and veggies. This stand truly won my loyalty. Better prices than ANY store I have been to. And the quality? Beyond compare. I could not believe how much fresh food I got for so little money.


These items all definitely hold their shelf life. I hate when fruits and veggies start going bad within a day of me getting them home. This has never happened with any item I bought here.



Avocados and lemons back to back? Now I want to make guacamole!


Want something fresh, warm and sweet? The Crepe Company has your back. When I say everything on this menu sounds delectable... I do mean everything. My sweet buds were totally freaking out.


Just look at this savory éclair with Bavarian cream, strawberries and chocolate chips!




 Need to cool down? The Popsicle Lady at Peak Season Pops has you covered. These natural, handmade popsicles will put the popsicles of your childhood to shame.  They are original, unique and delightful.



When health experts say you should eat a "rainbow of colorful food"... maybe they mean popsicles. I could totally do that.



Is your pooch with you? Make sure he stops by for a PUPsicle. Seriously?? How cute is that!


 Meet Fred of Fred's Franks. While he does sell hot dogs, he is more than just that. He sells a variety of types of hotdogs and he sells boiled peanuts. Now boiled peanuts are popular and seen all around... but Frank has Cajun Boiled Peanuts. They are clearly worth trying.

Aweeeee I found another duck.


Blessed Bean Coffee- you can buy a cup of hot coffee or a bag of beans to take home. Chances are if you try a cup, you will be hooked. This organic coffee is where it is at.




Does your skin need some love? I know mine does! All this weather change is wrecking havoc on it!  A little Shea butter and actual good soap is what you (and I) need!



Tea... tea.. tea. I love me some good tea. Teas and Empathy has what I need. These teas are not the kind you find with Lipton. They are way better and will change the way you think about tea. Green Tea, Black Tea, Fruity Tea, Vanilla Tea they have it all. My personal favorite is the Dr. Feelgood tea.  



Not a tea person? Just try one bag from this booth and you will change your mind.



I am like a plant murderer, where I literally kill every plant I get. I love plants, they are so pretty, I just cannot keep them alive! If you're like me, but want a plant... Whispering Leaves is where you want to get it. Their plants are healthy, beautiful and these people know what they are talking about. They can and will willingly lead you to your perfect match and tell you exactly how to care for the plant to keep it alive.




Did I mention live music? The Performing Arts of Maitland features different bands that come out and play. I swear I have heard a different type of music every week and I love all of it. Nothing like sitting on the grass, eating delicious food, feeding the ducks, soaking up the sun and listening to someone serenade you. I told you, this is the perfect Sunday! 



 Okay, okay. I took more duck pictures than I would like to admit. Here are a few.





 I must take a second and mention the Angel Kale Company that was not around this weekend. They sell numerous flavors of kale chips. I have never really been a kale fan, but they changed my mind. Their BBQ Kale Chips are out of this world! It is such a healthy snack to get hooked on, I love it! The owner is also super sweet. Once you find your favorite, you can message her your order throughout the week and she will make sure she sets those flavors aside for you.


I have visited other farmers' markets in the area and I have to be honest when I say this one is my favorite. I just love the layout and the atmosphere.  The vendors are seriously some of the nicest people you will ever meet. It feels like its own little family. I find myself looking forward to every Sunday now. 
 Hopefully I will catch you there soon!!






No comments:

Post a Comment