Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I always kind of figured it was a myth.....

I always kind of figured it was a myth. Then... one magical night downtown... I found it.
  

 
 The Vegan Hot Dog Cart.
 
 Its real.
 
And it  is DELICIOUS.
 
Vegan, Carnivore, Omnivore.... Whatever your meat-eating preference, I promise this will be the best hot dog you have ever devoured.

 
 
Before you write this off as crazy, hear me out. I am a person that never goes downtown.. just because I'm not big into the club scene. However, within two weeks, I have made three trips to this hot dog cart. I'm pretty sure the guy that runs the place is going to think I'm a stalker. The Chili Cajun Hot Dog is 100% worth it though... I have no regrets.
 
 
The Vegan Hot Dog Cart is locally owned and ran by three friends. (Eat Locally!)  
You can catch them every night downtown on Orange Ave (seriously, a vegan downtown option is amazing)... from 9pm to 3am.
If this is past your bedtime, you can catch them every other Tuesday at Tasty Tuesdays (hopefully EVERY Tuesday soon).
They also work different veggie events around town, most frequently Earth Day at Lake Eola.
 
 
 
They have a few different options... some quite unusual.
 The Kimchi dog (think Korean BBQ) is next on my list to try.
They have recently been featuring a Holiday Dog, which is basically like eating  Thanksgiving in a bun. The hot dog is covered in Cranberries.. it sounds weird... but it is sweet and somehow amazing.
 
 
My current obsession is the Chili Dog. Infused with Cajun flavoring, covered in chili and vegan cheese ( both made by them) and topped with fried onions. Oh, it sounds like heartburn, but its 100% Vegan.
 It will leave you will feeling satisfied, slightly spicy and completely addicted.
 
Do not let this majestic opportunity pass you up.
 Go.
As soon as possible.
(I already have plans to go tomorrow.)
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment