Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Most Fun You Will Have Downtown... For Only $10

I am not usually the person that is found hanging out downtown. On one rare night, I was down on Wall Street (for the first time ever) and I found myself staring at some guy dressed as Marty McFly. I couldn't figure it out... what was this guy doing?. A moment later, I noticed Madonna talking up Where's Waldo. Then.... then I saw Nightrider walking around, with a car and all.

 No it was not Comic-con nor Mega-con. It was the once a moth event known as Orlando Pub Crawl. With awesome themes, four free drinks, free cover for four bars and an unforgettable night... all for $10! Even if you're not a big club/party person (which I am not).... this event is still for you.


Unfortunately, I had missed the awesomeness of the 80's Pub Crawl and I vowed not to miss the next awesome theme. Last night, The Walking Dead Pub Crawl happened and it was anything but dead.
For a few extra bucks, you could get your make up done at the bar. Of course, with normal Orlando flare, most people did their own make-up and costumes.... and it was PHENOMINAL.


My friend Ryan as a character from Walking Dead


There were show characters, there were survivors, there were zombies, and there were normal humans that just wanted to drink. No matter how you were dressed, you were guaranteed a smashing time. Random fans were taking pictures with each others left and right. Fandoms were mixed, mingled and created. One guy even brought a box of twinkles... (think Zombieland). Friends were made all around.


Vegan Zombie "Grains Not Brains"

This five hour downtown night was truly unforgettable. We got into four different clubs,  with a free drink at each one and two dollar specials all night.  Walking between the bars, we definitely freaked out some pedestrians which was unintentional but totally worth it. Each bar was mingled with pub crawlers and people that had no idea what was going on. It was quite entertaining.
 



 I was actually lucky enough to go with a group of friends that were really into the event. We even were able to get a special effects artist to do our makeup before we went.


If you have an event and need some professional make up, please contact me for her info! She is amazing!

I definitely suggest looking for a theme coming up that you're into... getting a group together... and going all out. It was invigorating going down town and not having to worry about heels, make-up, hair or how you look. Instead the focus was on the costume and just having fun!

If you want to see some far better pictures- please check out Orlando Pub Crawl's Facebook page to see their official photographs!  I was way too busy having fun to capture shots. Also  don't forget to follow them on FB to find out about the next crawl. Www.orlandopubcrawl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment